Friday, June 4, 2010

lazy days

For a while I was thinking I had nothing new to say; after reading several of my friends' blogs, I am inspired and I will give you something brief for a change.

These are the things I'm spending my summer days doing. I only work 18 hours a week, so I get to do a lot of play.

  • Sleep, as much as I want.
  • TV- Getting to catch up on Bones, 19 kids and counting, Glee and other various t.v. shows. Although I try to limit myself here.
  • Trips to the Library! Love it. I've been riding the bike to the Provo Lib. So great! and then hauling 10 books in my bag on the way back. Free books is such a great idea. Here is the stack I had on my dresser next to my bed. from various libraries. :) I'm so meant to work at the library like I do.
  • Getting ready for classes in the Fall...
  • Watching Horatio Hornblower tv movies. Ioan Gruffudd is super hunky. (He also played Mr. Fantastic, in the Fantastic 4.) too bad he's married. Well, I mean, that is good for him. :) but I still like to look at him. And I usually don't get that superficial. Besides him, these movies are pretty good. If you like the seafaring, naval type show.
  • Singing and practicing more. yay!
  • Going to Institute! Also, I got my certificate of graduation/completion for Institute! Saweet!
  • Going to the temple more. For my own family!
  • Doing family history. I will have to post more on this later.
  • I've thought a lot about exercising.
  • Spent more time with Ben, my great brother. He's been taking me to movies. Last week we saw Prince of Persia. SO GOOD!! I loved it. I don't get overly enthusiastic about things, but I really thought this was a great movie. Perfect mix of action, romance, and mystery. He's pretty hunky too, if you like the long haired warrior look. Disney hopes this movie to be the start of the next Pirates of the Caribbean.
  • I've been looking for a second job, half heartedly. This playing is too nice to give up...
  • Spending time with my roommates and other friends.
All in all, the "Summer" has been great so far. Cool weather and good times. I am happy and loving it. Getting recharged for the craziness of school. Life is good, Heavenly Father is great!

1 comment:

becky bunnell said...

Joanna! Thank you for commenting on my blog it was so fun to hear from you. I loved to hear about your summer! Keep the posts coming.