Saturday, July 10, 2010

Library learnings

Sophomania
noun
To have a delusion that you have greater or superior intelligence than others.

baha! I think lots of people have this at times. I probably have it sometimes too. It's a disease, Watch out for it!

This little jewel comes from the book "Foyle's Philavary: A Treasury of Unusual Words".
Library of Congress catalog number: PE1460 .F635. Look for it at your library!

Also,
I learned about the Bubble Boy today. Did you know there was a real Bubble boy? I didn't. I thought it was just some made up movie. I didn't think anyone would actually subject a child to a life like that. sad day. The poor kid really lived in a bubble his entire life. Until he died at the age of 12. He had a immune deficiency disease. I know about those! (If I had a past blog to refer you to read about that, I would. But I don't. Just know that, my immune system hated my liver for a while. ) Any way, the Bubble Boy's name is David Vetter. He was from Texas. :) Anyway, basically, the kid suffered from doctors that suffered from sophomania. basically. look it up on Wikipedia.

In real life. I mean, my life. The Summer is great. I'm loving the weather. embracing my A/C-less car. I love being a renter and getting management to fix all issues in my apartment, namely, the formerly broken A/C. Other than that.... I'm just flirting it up. (that sounds really bad.) No, but really, I'm trying to be friendly and get dates and such. I am earnestly seeking that eternal companion of mine. Wherever he may be. No more games please. uh, and I'm just working at the fabulous Lib.

This week the Institute for Young Dramatic Voices (IYDV) is starting up again. And I will be volunteering my time, again. My Aunt, Sarah Agler, and my voice teacher, Rosemary Mathews, have paired up with Dolora Zajick, a world traveled Mezzo Soprano. Don't worry, she's just sung at the Metropolitan Opera in New York and Sidney Australia, is all. (these three ladies know each other from school. in Nevada, I believe.) anyway, I will hopefully get a lesson in with my Aunt while she's here from San Diego. Anyway, good summer times.

Hope your summer is just as happy, fun, and relaxing as mine!

1 comment:

Eric said...

Does that mean I am a mass-transit sophomaniac?