Friday, April 17, 2009

a rare blonde moment

I should be doing other things, so quickly I will relate my blonde moment. So Jessica has been saying this new phrase, "Da Nuh Nice" when she likes something. (Well, that's what I thought she was saying.) I'm thinking, this is just Jessica and her briliant hilariousness coming out. I also have this vauge idea that she has hip-hopped the word "Nice". Well, a few nights ago Marie, Jessica, and I were talking about this new phrase of hers. Jessica was saying how a girl named Hannah, in her Welsh class thought that every one was saying, "Hannahs weird" When they were saying "Hanis Weir" in Welsh. Jessica then mentions that everyone in class is now also saying, "Dyna Nyce" And the little light in my head turns on. I then explain to Marie and Jessica that I thought it was some gangster phrase (from Oxnard?) Jessica had picked up. Marie and Jessica burst out laughing at my nievity. I say, "Cant you just see a black girl saying that?" "No! There is no WAY a black girl would say that!" :) So, I claim stupidity. I am definately a white girl that grew up in Utah Valley. Then the next day at lunch with my LDC friends I am relating this story and Samantha, who grew up in California, says, "How would they know what black people would say?" "They're from California. " "What part?" "Oxnard." "Oh, yeah, they would know." haha!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the new blog look!

Sarah*MK said...

that is just too funny!

Jennifer I said...

Ha ha! Jo Jo...So what does it really mean? What she was saying.