Wednesday, June 1, 2011

childlike



Can I be a kid again?




Sometimes... I get sick of adult worries and woes. Well, a lot of the time. I'm sick of not having the money I had expected, and of barely making it to the next paycheck. And I mean BARELY. And I'm tired of being so busy. I'm tired of having to make adult choices.

I wish I could be a kid again. When I was a child I played house. That's all I ever did. It was either that or "teacher". I was taking care of and or teaching children in my play-time.

I have discovered about myself recently that much of my frustration lies in the fact that these childhood dreams are inaccessible to me. Have I already mentioned this recently? ah oh well.

So, I am trying to be happy. Trust in the Lord and his timing. And play.

I find joy in being with and talking to my friends. I love reading on my bed and then falling asleep for an afternoon nap. I love mischievously sneaking up on people and squirting my water pistol at them. bahaha! I love sitting in the sunshine. I love dreaming about a future where I can one day be a mom and play with my children. And read books to them. And sing to them. ( shhh. I know that being a mom isn't all happy every moment. I have friends with kids. I hear about it. but lets not crush my dreams at the moment.)

I don't play enough. I forget to be childlike and I forget to always include the Lord. So, here's to hoping I can be a little more childlike and faithfully trusting and not so jaded and frustrated with life. Good luck to me. And to you.


Obviously I had no cares as a child. May I allow my kids to have the same kind of childhood.

2 comments:

Jennifer I said...

Hahaha! yes, yes you've definitely heard stories! Haha! I completely agree. I want to be a kid again with my biggest worries being if my friends will be able to play tomorrow or if our parents will let us have a sleepover during the weekend. I like your attitude about just being more childlike. Well said. Loves!

becky bunnell said...

you are so cute! as a kid and now! i was actually talking about this last night with someone. we were laying on the grass and staring at clouds after flying kites. good times.