Saturday, March 7, 2009

Concert

Before I go to sleep, I just wanted to publicly thank my Heavenly Father. Tonight was the Ensign Music Contest Winner's Concert. ( I know, it's a mouthful, right?) We sang up in the Assembly Hall on Temple Square. We have been worrying and stressing about these songs for 2 months. 12 Songs that, we as a whole choir, participated in. For those of you non-musical people, that's a lot. A typical Choir Concert would have a more songs than that with a few choirs singing or you would have spent a lot longer on the songs. ANY WAY, It was stressful. By last week, we were all sick of these same songs and not enjoying them that much. Also, we weren't really memorized on them. Tonight as we practiced our songs for the final time before we performed, someone was always messing something up in just about every song. Well, we said lots of prayers, and left it in the Lord's hands. Brother Eggett, the conductor of LDC, says something like, big effort big blessings, to us a lot. (Bro. E. always reminds us that our purpose is to take people somewhere musically so that they can have a spiritual experience.) Well, I had put in some big effort, and I saw some HUGE blessings. Every song I sang in, my memory was enlarged and the words of the next phrase would come into my mind just before I had to sing them. It wasn't in the normal way that I have things memorized. It was in a gentle revealing way, that was unmistakably from the Spirit. So, He helped me through this concert, and a did perfectly on most of the songs and would guess I messed up tiny little things about 5 times the whole concert. So, He is there, and He hears and ANSWERS our prayers of righteous desires!

2 comments:

becky bunnell said...

What a cool story! Thanks for posting it. It is such a faith builder. I am glad that you were able to experience something like that. That sounds awesome! I wish I could have been there. Alert for next one okay.

Wynterwade said...

Hey Princess,
I read several of your blogs, and enjoyed them all. You inherited your Dad's way with words, I think. How Dad and I would have loved to be at your concert on Friday, I am so sorry we missed it. Anyway, keep up the fine work, and I'll try to keep reading. Mom