Thursday, February 19, 2009

Batteries and Buses

So, Today I went shopping. I bought shorts for the first time in.... possibly 10 years. (Lets recall that long shorts were not in style until recently.) I was a selfconcious teen.

So, if you don't know this about me, I don't have a car. So, shopping is quite the adventure. I caught the 830 bus at UVU after my voice teacher had dropped me off after my lesson, which is help at Mountain View High school. (I take the bus to get there too.) So, I ride that bus until Lowes on Univ Parkway, then I walk over to old Navy and Ross. Don't forget that I am a quiet little blond with a 20lb, very large, back pack on, and a wool pea-coat in my arms. I shop while holding these and feel like the "Loss Prevention" dudes are keeping a watchful eye on me. When I finally bought something, I am now carrying a sack full of clothes and shoes to add to it. Then I walk back to the bus stop and catch the next 830 coming down the road. I get on the bus and on a whim decide to stop and the next stop by Barnes and Noble, so I can go to the distribution center. I go in and buy some stuff, and then take both of my purchases and stuff them in my back pack which is now practically bursting at the seams and I have to loosen the straps so my arms don't loose circulation. I walk to the stop and catch the next 830. (I should mention that my bus pass isn't working, and EVERY time I get on a bus I have to swipe my non-working ID card and the little red light flashes and I have to explain to the bus driver that I really do have a bus pass and I'm not just sneaking on the bus for free.) So, then I get to the transit center at the mall, and get on the 833 which will take me home. The bus driver that drives the 833 in the afternoon/evenings is a really chatty friendly guy. (always ask me where my bike is? I asked him once how to put it on the front o the bus.) I got on and was the only passenger and at some point in the conversation he says, "do you wanna call my mom for me?" ??!!!??!?! "No," "I'll tell her you are a returned missionary. She'll freak out 'cause you're not Catholic." ?!?!? hmmm. but this relationship I have with him, that may need a restraining order one day, does have it's perks. We're driving down 2200 N? (that road with olive garden and Zupas starting it.) When we get to Canyon road (which I live on) He stops right after the intersection, instead of driving up the rest of the 50ft to the actual stop. So, I didn't have to walk as far. How nice. I am not sure what to think about this.

So, what does this have to do with batteries? Nothing. My batteries in my wireless mouse dies last night. So, I am switching back and forth, the batteries from my keyboard. Which is also wireless. As soon as I finish typing this, I will take them out of the keyboard. put them back in the mouse. Push the "connect" button, on the mouse and receiver, AGAIN, and click the publish button. I need to get me some batteries.

1 comment:

Sarah*MK said...

Okay so I have like 2 dozen batteries and if you haven't bought any by the time I find the stuff I need to send you, I'm throwing them in the package.
Anyway, I was wondering, do you like my blog? I want to make it onto the Peeps Blogs list you have. I need to blog more.
I still have a lovely bruise on my foot and I miss you and let me know if you need legal advice on a restraining order down the line, I'll ask my uncle. I wish I could buy you a car because I don't trust buses, but I know you'll be okay and you'll call me if your board on the bus or need to avoid awkwardness.
I bought another Eva Ibbotson book. I'll tell you about it when I get to read it at the end of the semester.
I need to go to bed. But I wanted to let you in on some of my random thinking since I know you miss it. Love ya!